Firma Hermann & Hartmann Logo

Contakt via Phone:
+49 89 / 53 07 12 - 0

Contakt via Email:

Why us, what distinguishes us?

Individual personal consulting and support

Ongoing contact with company personnel on site

All services from a single source, communication with foreign tax offices, lawyers and authorities, and with the pertinent persons on site

More cost-effective then large companies

Consulting for freelancers operating in Germany

You are a freelancer operating in Germany and require consulting services and correspondence in English (expatriates)?

Once you have made your decision to act as a freelancer in Germany, you will require an overview of your individual situation in the German tax and social security system.

You will need to know whether and how you can have turnover tax (VAT) reimbursed, and the costs that can be taken into consideration in respect of setting off against tax.

You have already heard of the term, "bogus self-employment" but are not entirely sure whether it applies to you. To take up your self-employed activity, you require a German tax number as quickly as possible. We file all the applications in respect of your tax matters such that you ultimately have a German tax number and a German VAT identification number. We clarify the matter of bogus self-employment with you and address your special tax matters.

We finally provide support in respect of you honouring your tax obligations, and provide advice on tax and legal matters.

Our services for English language freelancers at a glance

  • Tax registration including applications filed for German tax numbers
  • Introductory advice about the German tax and social security system
  • Advice in respect of reimbursement of turnover tax (VAT)
  • Advice on opportunities of setting off amounts against tax such as passenger cars moving house etc. ...
  • Advice on social insurance law classification (bogus self-employment)
  • Preparing the financial accounting and wage and salary accounting
  • Preparing the annual financial statements and tax returns (link to 1.c)
  • Advice on special international matters (maintaining two households, double taxation, provision concerning progression, unlimited or limited tax liability etc.)

If you want to benefit from the experience and contacts of more than 10 years of tax consultancy for freelancers, you can arrange a non-binding initial consultation with us.